Your Day, Unique Like You
Alternative Weddings at Loughcrew Estate
Your Special Day
Our most unique offering for your wedding ceremony is our beautiful church ruin, the family church of St Oliver Plunkett. This provides a stunningly romantic backdrop to your Humanist ceremony, Spiritualist ceremony or civil ceremony – there is nowhere else quite like it! Your guests will be talking about this wedding for years to come if you choose Loughcrew Estate.
Our venue is located around a central Courtyard designed by the classical architect Charles Cockerell which is similar to a small Parisian piazza. Our bar, drinks reception room, wedding banquet hall and accommodation are all located around this courtyard which gives the perfect spot for your guests to sip champagne and take in the Summer sun.
Our large firepit gives the perfect centre point for late night chats and creates a stunning atmosphere after dark. The venue is quirky, inviting and your guests will love the stunning views across the hills of Meath.
“There’s a magical spirit in Loughcrew and we honestly don’t think we could have found it anywhere else! It’s the most idyllic place and it really feels like you’re in another world. Apart from the beautiful setting, Deborah, Emily and all of the team are so obliging. If you want a venue with flexibility and where you can really make your mark, we’d highly recommend it!” Hazel + Andy, August 2018
A place apart
A romantic country house venue that is exclusively yours for your wedding weekend. We have eyes only for you and never have more than one wedding party on site.
Not your ordinary function room, this beautiful room seats 140 comfortably for dining. The wooden floor can be cleared of furniture by our night porter and provides the perfect dance hall for late night moves.
The perfect spot for getting your G&T fix! Bar options are flexible so please ask us for more information when you visit.
Drinks Reception Room
Host your post-ceremony champagne reception here. Or have it as your chill out area complete with wood burning stove and comfy couches to rest your weary feet after hours of dancing!
Our Wedding Packages
Loughcrew House Wedding Packages are tailor-made and can cater for anything from small intimate weddings to large marquee weddings. Our wedding package costs vary as each wedding package is customised to suit the needs of each couple.
Our Packages include:
- Exclusive use of Loughcrew House and Reception Rooms available to hire for 1, 2 or 3 nights.
- Luxury accommodation in Loughcrew House for up to 20 people
- Our Banquet Hall seating up to 140 guests for dinner, including tables, chairs, white linens with ample space outside for larger Marquee weddings
- The use of Plunkett’s Bar & our new drinks Reception rooms, complete with log burning stove
- Our Central Courtyard including outdoor seating, parasols & tables
- St Oliver Plunkett’s Church ruin for your Civil, Humanist or Spiritualist ceremony including white folding chairs & altar
- Beautiful indoor ceremony space in the Palm House or Reception Room ideal for smaller, more intimate gatherings and Elopements
- Bridal Suite for the happy couple comprising a stunning bedroom, dressing room & bathroom
- Dedicated & experienced Wedding Co-Ordinator in the lead-up to and on your Wedding day
- Large Firepit with stock of logs with seating such as haybales that can be sourced for you
- Top of the range outdoor lighting system in the Courtyard ideal fro setting ambience
- Loughcrew Gardens & Historic grounds for your photographs
- Overnight secure parking on site
- Overnight security
- Full public liability insurance
- Midday checkout the following day including Breakfast for all on site guests (up to 28)
- Fresh flowers from the gardens for the house
- Complimentary bottle of Champagne for the Happy Couple
- Outdoor patio area for al fresco dining
- Use of our fine Tennis Court, with rackets and balls provided
The Loughcrew Team can also arrange any bespoke services or items that you would like to include for Your Day, Your Way – just ask!
Additional Wedding Services:
We also have additional wedding services and facilities that can be added to your wedding package for the day before or after your wedding day. These include:
- Pre-wedding Dinner, Wedding Brunch or an extra meals/catering you would like
- Afternoon tea or Drinks Reception for family the day before
- Glamping option including Bell Tents can be arranged for quirky guest accommodation
- Adventure Centre Activities for some family bonding!
- Courtyard accommodation – Sleeps up to 5 persons.
- Stable Lodge accommodation – Sleeps up to 6 persons.
When we started looking at venues for our wedding we had a clear idea of what we wanted; a personal bespoke wedding... The house itself felt like a home away from home. We had exclusive use with our immediate families staying with us all weekend. The vast grounds with the idyllic scenery was picture perfect and was only made better by the beautiful romantic St. Oliver Plunkett’s church which we got married in. We cannot recommend this venue enough if you want a personal, relaxed and alternative wedding.
Loughcrew was the perfect location for our special day. It is an intimate venue where we were given the freedom to be creative and design our wedding to suit our personalities... we were blown away by the beauty of the grounds and St Oliver Plunkett Church was a magical setting for our ceremony. A big thank you to Deborah and the team at Loughcrew for your support… our wedding was an absolute fairy-tale!
During May 2017 my son and his wife had their Wedding celebrations in Loughcrew House. They could not have chosen a better location, the venue was just perfect. Loughcrew House is surrounded by splendid gardens and green countryside, great local walks and interesting history, not to forget a great coffee shop on site. Deborah was extremely helpful and kind, and went out of her way to be there if needed. The house itself is just amazing, great furniture and artwork full of quirky charm. Personally I would fully recommend it as a wedding venue, (or a venue for any event) it is far superior and different than any wedding I have ever been to.
We got married at Loughcrew in September of last year and couldn't have found a more special location for our big day. The church, venue and accommodation all situated on the Loughcrew estate grounds and surrounded by the beautiful county Meath countryside were perfect. Thank you to all the wonderful Loughcrew staff who were on hand all weekend to make our big day run effortlessly.